Whether your pet has a broken leg, an abdominal tumor, or has a bone stuck inside, our doctors have the experience to fix the problem.
Our surgical suite has the most modern equipment and patient monitoring capabilities to safeguard your pet’s health. After surgery, your pet will be monitored continuously by our outstanding nursing and veterinary team, who will assure your pet is clean, comfortable, free of pain and on the road to recovery.
Conditions we often treat include:
Soft-tissue surgery involves state-of-the-art techniques such as shunt implantation, skin graft, spay or neuter surgery, mass removal with skin reconstruction or abdominal and thoracic surgery.
- Removal of tumors or foreign bodies in the gastrointestinal tract including the esophagus, stomach, intestines, and colon
- Common urinary and reproductive organ surgery or conditions associated with the liver, gall bladder and bile ducts
- Plastic and reconstructive surgery
- Cardiovascular and thoracic surgery
- Repair of the upper and lower respiratory tract
- Hernia repair
- Management of chronic ear disease and aural tumors
- Eye surgeries including corneal graft techniques
Orthopedic surgery addresses bone and muscle injuries using bone plating and interlocking nail fixation, external skeletal fixation and ligament repair.
- Sports injuries including fractures, ligament and tendon injuries such as cruciate ligament tears and patellar luxation
- Congenital conditions
- Degenerative conditions
Some surgical procedures require more advanced surgical treatment only available at specialized hospitals and teaching facilities overseas. If your pet has the misfortune to require such treatment we have a good relationship with the Blue Pearl group found throughout the United States, with a strong professional referral relationship with their office in Miami.
It would be advisable to keep your pet’s Rabies vaccinations up to date, so that in case of a crisis your pet is ready to travel overseas for further treatment.